|Questions and answers
1. If the colour of the shirts of the two goalkeepers is the same, what
action shall the referee take if neither has another shirt to change
He shall allow play to begin.
2. Law 4 provides that the players shall wear jerseys or shirts of a different
colour to the opposing team and the goalkeepers. Shall the
goalkeepers wear jerseys or shirts of a different colour to those of the
Yes, the players and goalkeepers shall wear clothing that distinguishes
them from the referees.
3. When shall a player be cautioned for removing his shirt while celebrating
He shall be cautioned for unsporting behaviour if he pulls his shirt over
his head or covers his head with his shirt.
4. What action shall the referees take if a player removes his shirt to
reveal a similar shirt underneath?
They shall caution the player for unsporting behaviour.
5. May a player wear equipment designed to protect him against injury
during a match?
Players may wear protective equipment such as knee pads, arm pads
and face masks provided that they comply with the provisions of the
Law, i.e. provided they pose no danger to either the player himself or
to other players.
6. May a player wear spectacles during a match?
Modern sports spectacles made of plastic or a similar material shall
not be considered dangerous. Referees shall permit their use in these
7. The referees request a player to remove jewellery. Some minutes later,
the referees realise that the player is still wearing the jewellery. What
action shall the referees take?
They shall caution the player for unsporting behaviour and instruct
him to leave the pitch to remove the jewellery.