In our regular Sunday feature, FIFA.com presents some of the biggest names from Planet Football who will be celebrating their birthdays over the coming week.
24. Wayne Rooney (25) recently made a U-turn on his decision to leave Manchester United. The English international and two-time FIFA World Cup™ participant ranks among the world's top strikers.
25. Oleg Salenko (41) finished joint-top scorer at USA 1994. The former Russia frontman enjoyed spells with Valencia and Rangers before finishing his playing career nine years ago.
26. Christian Chivu (30) celebrated an unprecedented treble of Serie A, Coppa Italia and UEFA Champions League last term with Inter Milan. After suffering a fractured skull in early 2010, the Romanian defender has played with a protective head guard that has since become his trademark.
27. Volkan Demirel (29) has been in the Turkish national squad since 2004, more recently establishing himself as his country's No1 between the sticks. The Fenerbahce shot-stopper recently suffered two bitter UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying defeats to Germany and Azerbaijan.
28. Milan Baros (29) also plies his trade in the Turkish Super Lig. The Czech goalgetter joined Galatasaray two years ago and has become one of the team's star performers. The EURO 2004 top scorer is now looking forward to playing under former Romanian international Gheorghe Hagi, who took over at Gala during the week.
29. Robert Pires (37) can look back on a stellar career. The former French international and 1998 world champion is currently without a club, but is maintaining his fitness with former employers Arsenal. The goal-hungry midfielder has appeared for Metz, Marseille, the Gunners and Villarreal during a career spanning 18 years.
30. Diego Maradona (50) celebrates half a century this week. The former Argentina coach and 1986 FIFA World Cup winner is considered to be one of the greatest footballers of all time.