- Los Angeles is the venue for the last Season 3 regional final, on 28 and 29 July
- There are eight tickets to the FIWC 2017 Grand Final up for grabs
- The city in California hosted the global showpiece in 2011
On 28 and 29 July, the 32 best gamers from the Americas in Season 3 will be locking horns in Los Angeles, with eight FIWC 2017 Grand Final spots on the line.
What's the format?
- Friday will feature the group stage, while the knockout rounds will take place on Saturday, starting with the quarter-finals.
- The 32 players will be split into two divisions: Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
- Each division will, in turn, consist of two groups of eight players. The top four in each group will progress to the quarter-finals.
— FIWC (@FIWC) July 21, 2017
Does the moniker "Wendelllira7" ring any bells? It should, because this 'game tag' belongs to none other than Brazilian former footballer Wendell Lira, who famously won the 2015 Puskás Award for an extraordinary acrobatic volley. The erstwhile forward has reinvented himself as an eSports player and YouTuber, and will be seeking more success in his new career in LA.
Following the events in Miami and Vancouver in February and April respectively, the Americas action will come to a close in California. This represents another opportunity for veteran "xGUASTELLAx", who triumphed in Canada but faltered in Berlin, to qualify for this year's FIWC Grand Final, a tournament that he has graced no fewer than five times in the past.
— Giuseppe Guastella (@Guastella11) April 23, 2017
Colombian legend "JANOZCFI" will also be in the mix and will be hoping to channel his fond memories of the City of Angels, where he was the FIWC runner-up in 2011. Meanwhile, New York City FC eSports star "NYC CHRIS" will be determined to do his club proud on his trip across the country, and "LucasRep98" will be looking to replicate the wonderful performances he produced in the Season 1 regional final, where he fell at the last hurdle.
Friday 28 July: group stage (12:00-19:00 local time)
Saturday 29 July: knockout stage (12:00-20:00 local time)
All the action from both days will be streamed live on FIFA.com