Rules of the FIFA.com FIFA Interactive World Cup Quiz (the “Contest”).
Fédération Internationale de Football Association
FIFA Strasse 20
1. Eligibility. The Contest is only open to entrants who are at least fourteen (14) years of age as at the date of their entry into the Contest and who do not reside in a country where the applicable legislation prohibits the setting up of, and/or entry into, the Contest. Directors, officers, employees, contractors, and agents of FIFA, including its subsidiaries, and members of any of their immediate families (i.e. spouses/partners, parents, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren or children) are not eligible to enter the Contest. Entry into the Contest and the winning of a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Timing. FIFA will run the Contest for seven (7) consecutive days, starting on 5 August at 14:00 GMT and ending on 12 August at 13:00 GMT. The Contest shall be accessible via the FIFA Interactive World Cup Twitter account located at www.twitter.com/fiwc.
3. Participation. In order to participate in the Contest, each entrant will be required to Tweet in response to a daily set of (3) three questions related to the FIFA Interactive World Cup and which shall be published on FIFA.com. The answers to the questions can be found on FIFA.com’s dedicated webpage for the FIFA Interactive World Cup (located at: http://www.fifa.com/interactiveworldcup). Each entrant shall automatically be entered into the Contest by sending their answer to the FIFA.com FIWC Twitter account. To be eligible for the daily prize, entrants must answer the daily set of three (3) questions in full using correct spelling. No acronyms, no nicknames or shortcuts will be accepted. Entrants may participate in each of the daily quiz challenges. However, entrants may only participate once per each day of the Contest. Multiple entries to a daily set of questions in the Contest shall be deemed void.
4. Limitation. The use of any automated software or multiple accounts are prohibited.
5. Potential Winner and prize. Each day of the Contest, all entrants that submit the correct set of answers before the relevant deadline to the FIFA Interactive World Cup Twitter account will automatically be entered into a randomly selected prize draw. One (1) of these entrants shall be selected at random to win the daily prize bundle as specified on FIFA.com. In total therefore, there will be seven (7) prize winners, one for each day of the Contest. Entrants are permitted to win multiple prizes by entering and winning on more than one day of the Contest.
6. Conditions to claim the prize. Each of the seven (7) prize winners will be notified by FIFA via its FIFA Interactive World Cup Twitter account. In order to be a prize winner and claim the prize, the prize winner will be required first to sign and return to FIFA an Affidavit of eligibility and authorization (the "Affidavit") within forty eight (48) hours of having been notified by FIFA. If a prize winner is a minor in his or her country of residence, the prize will be awarded to the minor’s parents or legal guardian, who must sign and return the Affidavit on behalf of the underage prize winner. Please note that the Affidavit will also require the consent of the prize winner (or the prize winner’s parent or legal guardian (as appropriate)) to permit FIFA to use his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, prize information and biographical information for publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation. If a prize winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and/or return the requested document within the specified time period, the prize winner shall be disqualified and shall forfeit the opportunity to be a prize winner and claim the prize. In such a situation, an alternative prize winner will be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entrants.
7. Cancellation. FIFA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, in particular if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond FIFA’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest. FIFA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any follower it finds to be tampering with FIFA’s Twitter account, the participation process or the operation of the Contest.
8. Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability. FIFA is not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information; (2) technical failures of any kind; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Contest; or (4) any prejudice arising out of any of the events listed under term 8(1) - (3).
9. Privacy. Personal information collected by FIFA during the Contest will be limited to the email address of each entrant. Such email addresses shall only be used so as to enable FIFA to contact the potential winner at the exclusion of any other use. These email addresses shall be deleted by FIFA once the Contest terminates.
10. Interpretation. The rules of the Contest have originally been drafted in English and subsequently translated into other languages. In the event of any discrepancy between the English and the translated texts, the English text shall prevail and shall be used to solve doubts of interpretation.
11. Governing Law. The rules of the Contest and one’s participation in the Contest shall be governed by the laws of Switzerland, to the exclusion of its rules on conflict of laws. Any claim arising out of, or related to the participation in, the Contest shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the ordinary Court of the Canton of Zürich.