The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF) has announced the launch of its inaugural CONCACAF Interactive Gold Cup (CIGC). The competition, being held in conjunction with FIFA and EA SPORTS™, will give fans from all of CONCACAF’s Member Associations the opportunity to represent their National Association and play for a chance to be crowned virtual champion of CONCACAF.
The twelve skilled players to reach the CIGC13 finals will be flown to the United States to compete against each other on-site. The two finalists will then have the opportunity to play for the title of CIGC Virtual Champion in front of tens of thousands of people on the stadium video screen between games at the 2013 Gold Cup Semifinal doubleheader this July. The CIGC13 Champion will receive an all-expenses paid trip for two (2) to the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup Final weekend and be presented with a trophy at the closing ceremony.
CIGC13 online qualification will take place on the PlayStation®3 console during Online Qualification Season 6 of the FIFA Interactive World Cup 2013 (FIWC13) played on EA SPORTS FIFA™13 (Season 6 runs from 1 March - 1 April). Interested individuals will have to register at CONCACAFinteractive.com where they will also be able to track their progress through a rating system provided by EA SPORTS™.
- The registration period will take place online at CONCACAFinteractive.com until 31 March.
- Online qualification for CIGC13 will take place during the sixth online qualification season of the FIWC13 (1st March until 1st April 2013).
- Players must be residents or citizens of the CONCACAF country they are representing.
- The twelve finalists will be sent to the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup semifinals to compete against each other on-site in the CIGC13 Grand Final.
- Final match will be played on Wednesday 24 July. The Final will be displayed on the video board at the CONCACAF Gold Cup 2013 Semifinals in front of tens of thousands of fans.
- The CIGC13 Champion will receive an all-expenses paid trip for two (2) to the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup Final and be presented with a trophy at the closing ceremony.
- To enter the tournament and to read more about the rules visit CONCACAFinteractive.com.
Follow @CONCACAF on Twitter for all CONCACAF Interactive Gold Cup news. The FIWC is on Facebook! Visit our FIWC Facebook page for all the latest information, videos and photos from the FIWC.