Rules of the FIFA.com FIFA Interactive World Cup 'FIWC Fridays' Facebook Contest (the “Contest”)
Fédération Internationale de Football Association
FIFA Strasse 20
1. Eligibility. The Contest is only open to entrants who are at least fourteen (14) years of age as at the date of their entry into the Contest and who do not reside in a country where the applicable legislation prohibits the setting up of, and/or entry into, the Contest. Directors, officers, employees, contractors, and agents of FIFA, including its subsidiaries, and members of any of their immediate families (i.e. spouses/partners, parents, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren or children) are not eligible to enter the Contest. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Timing. FIFA will run fourteen (14) versions of the Contest at random throughout the period 25 October 2013 to 6 December 2013. Each version of the Contest shall run for 24 hours from the time of the initial post on the FIFA Interactive World Cup Facebook account. The Contest shall be accessible via the FIFA Interactive World Cup Facebook account (http://on.fb.me/Xb6iNb).
3. Participation. In order to be able to participate in the Contest, each entrant will be required to post in response to FIFA’s original Facebook post either about an activity or a question related to the FIFA Interactive World Cup. Each user shall automatically be entered into the Contest by sending their answer to the FIFA Interactive World Cup Facebook account. All users may only participate once in each respective Contest and multiple entries to the Contest shall be deemed void.
4. Limitation. The use of any automated software or multiple accounts is prohibited.
5. Potential winner and prize. From the time a question is posted on the FIFA Interactive World Cup Facebook page, Facebook users have twenty four (24) hours to submit their answer to the FIFA Interactive World Cup Facebook account. A panel of FIFA Interactive World Cup judges will select a shortlist of the most convincing, original or creative submissions. The shortlisted entries will automatically be entered into a randomly selected prize draw. The one (1) potential winner of the Contest will be entitled to receive a prize which shall be a download code for a free digital copy of EA SPORTS™ FIFA14 available for redemption online on the PlayStation® Network.
6. Conditions to claim the prize. The potential winner will be notified by FIFA via its FIFA Interactive World Cup Facebook account. In order to be a potential winner and claim the prize, the potential winner will be required to sign and return to FIFA an Affidavit of Eligibility and Authorization (the "Affidavit") within forty eight (48) hours of having been notified by FIFA. If a potential winner is a minor in his or her country of residence, the prize will be awarded to the minor’s parents or legal guardian, who must sign and return the Affidavit on behalf of the potential winner. Please note that the Affidavit will also require the consent of the potential winner (or the potential winner’s parent or legal guardian, as appropriate) to have FIFA use his or her name, photograph, likeness, voice, prize information and biographical information for publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation.
If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and/or return the requested document within the specified time period, the potential winner shall be disqualified and shall forfeit the opportunity to be a
potential winner and claim the prize. The next user in line shall be deemed the potential winner.
7. Cancellation. FIFA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, in particular if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond FIFA’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest. FIFA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any user it finds to be tampering with FIFA’s Facebook account, the participation process or the operation of the Contest.
8. Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability. FIFA is not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information; (2) technical failures of any kind; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Contest; or (4) the prejudice resulting from any of the events listed under (1) to (3).
9. Privacy. Personal information collected by FIFA during the Contest will be limited to the email address of users. Such email addresses shall only be used so as to enable FIFA to contact the potential winner at the exclusion of any other use. These email addresses shall be deleted by FIFA once the Contest terminates.
10. Interpretation. The rules of the Contest have been originally drafted in English and have subsequently been translated into other languages. In the event of any discrepancy between the English and the translated texts, the English text shall prevail and shall be used to solve doubts of interpretation.
11. Governing Law. The rules of the Contest and one’s participation in the Contest shall be governed by the laws of Switzerland, to the exclusion of its rules on conflict of laws. Any claim arising out of or related to the participation in the Contest shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the ordinary Court of the Canton of Zürich.