FIFA 16 innovates across the entire pitch to deliver a balanced, authentic, and exciting football experience that lets you play your way, and compete at a higher level. And with all new ways to play! With innovative gameplay features, FIFA 16 brings Confidence in Defending, Control in Midfield, and gives you the tools to create more Moments of Magic than ever before.
Fans new to the franchise, or skilled players looking to improve their game will have a chance to Compete at a Higher Level using the all new FIFA Trainer. Innovation Across the Entire Pitch. New Ways to Play. Compete at a Higher Level. Play Beautiful in FIFA 16.
INNOVATION ACROSS THE ENTIRE PITCH
Confidence in Defending
• Defensive Agility: A new suite of 25 feature changes to defensive locomotion creates agile defenders that track attacking opponents. Defenders are able to seamlessly close down space and change direction using swing steps, creating balance in 1v1 situations. Defender acceleration time to top speed and greater freedom of movement help defenders stay with their opponents.
• Defend as a Unit: Rely on your teammates to cover gaps when you close down an attacker. New defensive AI gives players better awareness of dangerous space on the pitch relative to the ball and their opponents. Your teammates will track back to stop sophisticated attacking runs, and close down angles of attack.
• New Tackling Fundamentals: All new tackling behaviors add a variety of options to help you get stuck in and take possession of the ball. A brand new slide tackle system that allows you to bridge out of the tackle and get back in position. There is now huge variety available in tackling options, such as Fake Tackles, In Air Standing Tackles, and Full Body Tackles. Tackles are rewarding and responsive in FIFA 16.
Control in Midfield
• Interception Intelligence: Control the Midfield with new interception logic that helps you shut down options and close dangerous passing channels. This creates a more considered and authentic experience in midfield. Rewritten for FIFA 16, Interception Intelligence can be adjusted in the Player Instructions menu so you can control how aggressive your teammates are going for the ball. You are in complete control of build-up play in midfield.
• Passing With Purpose: FIFA 16 introduces a revolution in passing. Now play sharp, incisive passes so you can find teammates with precision. Using a new button mechanic, ping driven ground passes to find teammates in tight spaces to open up your attacking options. Passing with Purpose balances Interception Intelligence to create a real football experience of risk/reward when moving the ball.
Moments of Magic
• No Touch Dribbling: Lionel Messi was motion captured to create an innovative dribble control system that gives players the freedom to decide not just how, but when to touch the ball. Now you can let the ball run to buy time, feint, and blow by your defender just as Messi does when he is at his best. Buy time using No Touch Dribbling to allow teammates to make runs, control the pace of play, wrong-foot a defender, and create Moments of Magic. This revolutionizes 1v1 scenarios and gives players more opportunities in attack than ever before.
• Dynamic Crossing: Crossing in FIFA 16 changes the way both the crosser and their receiving teammate approach the ball. Crossers approach the ball with realistic and rewarding run animations, while players in the box will be led by the ball so they can run on to it, using their movement to drive the strike. New cross targeting means your strikers will meet the ball on the run and put defenses in difficult situations as more balls are played behind the back line.
• Clinical Finishing: Clinical Finishing gives players a new understanding of where to strike the ball so you can finish like a pro. Players will notice more driven shots and authentic trajectories. Dynamic speeds and shot trajectories will make for exciting efforts on goal.
COMPETE AT A HIGHER LEVEL
• FIFA Trainer: Whether you’re an EA SPORTS FIFA expert, or you’re playing for the first time, the FIFA Trainer will help you realize your potential. Learn as you play with an optional graphic overlay (HUD) that prompts you with gameplay options depending on your position on the pitch and the level of trainer (automatic or manual). Basic commands get you started, while deeper hints will improve the game of the most skilled players. It’s like having an expert by your side while you play.
• Skill Games - Basic Level: A new level of Skill Games targeted at fans picking up EA SPORTS FIFA for the first time.
NEW WAYS TO PLAY
• Women’s National Teams: For the first time ever in an EA SPORTS FIFA franchise title, compete with 12 top-ranked Women’s National Teams and play online and offline in several modes. This authentic addition to FIFA gives fans a brand new way to play. We’ve built unique animations and 3D player models for women and motion captured top players from the US Women’s National Team to use as reference for player movement. Women are playable in Kick Off, an Offline Tournament, and Online Friendly Matches.
Publisher: Electronic Arts Inc.
Developer: EA Canada
Street Date: 22 September 2015 (North America); Starting 24 September 2015 (European Union)
Rating: RATING PENDING
Platforms: PLAYSTATION®4 / Xbox One®/PC
No of Online Players: 1-22
No of Offline Players: 1-4 (PS4); 1-4 (Xbox One); 1-4 (PC)
PC Recommended Specs: Intel i5-2550K @ 3.4 Ghz – 8GB Ram – Radeon HD 6870
*Internet connection and Origin account required. Must be 13+ to create an account. © 2015 Electronic Arts Inc. EA, EA SPORTS and the EA SPORTS logo are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. © FIFA and FIFA's Official Licensed Product Logo are copyrights and/or trademarks of FIFA. All rights reserved. Manufactured under license by Electronic Arts Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.