Fédération Internationale de Football Association
FIFA-Strasse 20 - P.O. Box - 8044 Zurich - Switzerland
Tel: +41-(0)43-222 7777 - Fax: +41-(0)43.222 7878
The working group created at the request of the FIFA Executive Committee during its meeting in September 2012 in order to consult the 209 member associations on proposals regarding the revision of the FIFA Statutes met for the first time at the Home of FIFA in Zurich today.
This working group, chaired by FIFA Executive Committee member Theo Zwanziger and comprising the general secretaries as well as the legal directors of the six confederations and FIFA, analysed the ten items that have been identified by the Task Force Revision of Statutes for discussion.
The ten topics under discussion are:
- Confirmation of the members of the FIFA Executive Committee by the FIFA Congress
- Composition of the FIFA Executive Committee
- Election of the FIFA President (cf. art. 24 par. 3 of Encl. C)
- Term of office (cf. art. 21 par. 9 of Encl. C)
- Age limit (cf. art. 21 par. 8 of Encl. C)
- Stronger representation of interest groups in FIFA
- Bidding process/decision on venue of FIFA World Cup™ (cf. art. 81 of Encl. C)
- Various clarifications and specifications in the FIFA Statutes
- International Football Association Board (IFAB)
- Regulations governing candidatures for the office of FIFA President
Encl. C refers to the draft FIFA Statutes as proposed by the Task Force Revision of Statutes. This draft was distributed to the member associations and published on FIFA.com for information purposes before the 2012 FIFA Congress in Budapest, as it had also been explained that the remaining topics for the revision of the Statutes would be presented at the 2013 FIFA Congress.
The working group agreed that the analysis of the ten points would be finalised at its next meeting in February 2013.
The working group also confirmed the road map for the revision of the FIFA Statutes as follows:
January 2013: final input to be provided by the confederations on the ten topics
February 2013: second meeting of the working group followed by a meeting of the FIFA Legal Committee to draw up the remaining proposals and submit draft to FIFA Executive Committee
20-21 March 2013: FIFA Executive Committee to review and approve remaining reform proposals to be submitted to the FIFA Congress
31 May 2013: FIFA Congress to review and vote on remaining reform proposals