FIFA has simplified its process for bidding for its Other World Cups and has developed a Bidding Manual to help guide member associations (MAs) in compiling bids.
Timelines and key dates
The bid processes are defined by the following key milestones:
- FIFA sends out requests for expressions of interest
- MAs express an interest in bidding for a specific event
- FIFA sends out bidding information, including the Bidding Manual and supporting documents (Hosting Agreement etc.)
- FIFA workshop for interested bidders
- MAs return the Bidding Agreement confirming compliance with bid requirements
- MAs submit bids in accordance with the Bidding Manual
- FIFA evaluates the bid submissions and identifies the selected candidate for approval.
- FIFA recommendation
- FIFA announces the successful host for the event