Universidad Rey Juan Carlos (URJC) and the Spanish Real Federacion Espanola de Futbol (RFEF), CIES partners since 2010, will organise a seminar on the challenges facing player agents in professional sport today. The event will take place on 12 December in Madrid.
The seminar, organised around six round tables, will address current issues linked to the legal and economic aspects of activities concerning player agents: new player agency and representation models, investment funds linked to players, new FIFA player agent regulations, contracts between agents and players, recent decisions handed down by courts of law and their implications for the negotiation of transfers, as well as techniques and tactics that can be used during negotiations.
Speakers and moderators:
• Miguel Cardenal Carro, Director of the Sports Law Chair, URJC
• Emilio A. Garcia Silvero, Director of the Legal Division of RFEF
• Salvador Gomar, Valencia-Mestalla Club President and director of the RFEF agents school
• Arturo Canales, IMG World Spain
• Felix Plaza, Garrigues Sports & Entertainment
• Tomás Trenor, Garrigues Sports & Entertainment
• Roberto Branco, General Manager of the European Football Agents Association
• Eduardo Santamaría, Garrigues Sports & Entertainment
• Néstor Jiménez, Garrigues Sports & Entertainment
• Carlos Bucero, former Real Madrid FC board member and player agent
A limited number of grants will be offered, in particular to FIFA/CIES Programme students and alumni.
For further information
Catedra de Estudios e Investigación en Derecho Deportivo. Instituto de Derecho Público
Universidad Rey Juan Carlos
Tel: +34 914 887 872
Coordinator: Tais Trivino