Two rounds of group-stage matches have been completed at the FIFA Confederations Cup Russia 2017, and with just one to go, no team has yet secured a berth in the last four. The semi-finalists will be determined over the weekend, with seven of the eight teams still in the reckoning.
Here are the tie-break scenarios for rankings in the groups:
- Greatest number of points
- Goal difference in all group matches
- Goals scored in all group matches
If two or more of the teams are equal on the basis of the above, the rankings will be determined as follows:
- Head-to-head points between the teams concerned
- Goal difference in the group matches between the teams concerned
- Goals scored in group matches between the teams concerned
- Points obtained in fair play conduct (yellow cards = -1, indirect red card = -3, direct red card = -4, yellow card and direct red = -5)
- Drawing of lots by the FIFA Organising Committee.