The race to determine the winner of the FIFA Puskás Award for the “best goal of the year” has started today, 11 November 2013, on FIFA.com and francefootball.fr. Fans from across the world will decide which of the ten goals selected by FIFA and selected Football Committee members will be the winner of this award.
The ten goals are (in alphabetical order of the scorer’s names):
- Peter Ankersen – 10 August 2013 - Esbjerg fB v. Aarhus GF - SAS Ligaen (Denmark)
- Lisa De Vanna – 01 June 2013 - Sky Blue FC v. Boston Breakers – NWSL
- Antonio Di Natale – 07 April 2013 - Udinese Calcio v. AC Chievo Verona – Serie A
- Zlatan Ibrahimović – 13 November 2012 – Sweden v. England – International Friendly
- Panagiotis Kone – 16 December 2012 - SSC Napoli v. Bologna FC 1909 – Serie A
- Daniel Ludueña – 27 July 2013 – Pachuca CF v. Tigres UANL – Apertura Mexico
- Nemanja Matić – 13 January 2013 – SL Benfica v. FC Porto – Liga Sagres
- Louisa Nécib – 17 March 2013 - Olympique Lyonnais v. AS Saint-Etienne - D1 Féminine
- Neymar – 15 June 2013 – Brazil v. Japan – FIFA Confederations Cup
- Juan Manuel Olivera – 28 August 2013 - Nautico v. Sport Recife – Copa Sudamericana
Videos of the ten goals, as well as the list of scorers and the voting tool, can be found here: http://www.fifa.com/ballondor/puskasaward/index.html. You can also watch all the goals via the FIFA on YouTube channel.
Users of FIFA.com and francefootball.fr will be able to choose from ten goals until 9 December when the three goals with the most votes will be disclosed. Immediately after the announcement on 9 December, FIFA.com and francefootball.fr users will be able to vote again for their favourite from the three remaining goals. The winner will be revealed on the day of the FIFA Ballon d’Or on 13 January 2014. Voting will close during the show.
The FIFA Puskás Award, created in honour and in memory of Ferenc Puskás, the captain and star of the Hungarian national team during the 1950s, will be presented for the fifth year in a row at the FIFA Ballon d’Or 2013, which will be held at the Kongresshaus in Zurich.
During a televised show, the winner of the FIFA Ballon d’Or for the best player of 2013 as well as the FIFA Women’s World Player of the Year 2013 will also be revealed. Meanwhile, the FIFA World Coach of the Year for Men’s Football award and the FIFA World Coach of the Year for Women’s Football award will be presented for the fourth time. The FIFA FIFPro World XI, the FIFA Presidential Award and the FIFA Fair Play Award will also be presented during the show.
To discuss who YOU think should win this year’s awards on Twitter, use the hashtag #BallonDOr