FIFA TMS has released the official figures for the January 2014 transfer window, confirming 2,631 international transfers were handled for a total transfer value of USD 346m.
The data from this year’s January window will be compiled in a new report produced by FIFA TMS featuring full analysis of Europe’s Top 5 countries in terms of transfer fee spending. FIFA TMS is set to launch the report shortly.
In the meantime, the following highlights of the 2014 January transfer window have been released:
· FIFA TMS handled 2,631 transactions in the January 2014 transfer window, an increase of 36% in comparison to the equivalent January 2013 transfer window data
· The total transfer fee value amounted to USD 346m, a decrease of 30% in comparison to the equivalent January 2013 transfer window data
· 85% of international transfers in the January 2014 transfer window did not include a payment
· 26% of the transfers in January 2014 were on loan
· Players with nationalities from South American and European countries feature among the top ranked nationalities in terms of highest volume of transfers involving fees
· Scotland is England’s largest engaging transfer partner by volume of transfers, with 51 players engaged by Scotland.
For more information about FIFA TMS, please visit the link to the right.