- Drinking contaminated water leads to many different types of illness.
- Do not drink water that has come directly from the river or from a source next to a toilet.
- Boiling water can keep you safe from diseases like diarrhoea and cholera.
- Water needs to boil for a full 60 seconds before it is safe to drink.
- If you are in an area you don’t know, drink only bottled or boiled water.
- Talk to someone at the local health clinic if you have questions about sources of safe drinking water.
Make Your Move: Boil a litre of water for 60 seconds, let it cool down, and then taste it.
Players can control the ball with all parts of their body. You can control your health by drinking only boiled or bottled water.
Health Fact: Diseases transmitted through unclean water include diarrhoea, cholera, dysentery, typhoid, and hepatitis A. Drinking boiled or bottled water will reduce the level of these diseases by a half.