- Malaria is a disease that can cause fever, headache, chills, vomiting, and even death.
- Malaria is a disease that is spread by mosquitoes, especially at night.
- Sleeping under a treated bed net can prevent malaria.
- Malaria is a problem in some rural areas of South Africa.
- If you live in a rural area, visit a health clinic to find out if malaria is a problem in your area and where you can get a free treated bed net.
- If you cannot find a treated bed net, wear long clothes at night and keep your windows closed.
- You can get more information about free treated bed nets at any health clinic.
Make Your Move: Teach 2 other people the importance of using bed nets in areas where there is malaria.
Players use their body to shield the ball from opponents. Use a treated bed net, while you sleep, to protect yourself from malaria.
Health Fact: 20 percent (one in five) of all childhood deaths in Africa are due to the disease called Malaria.