- Carefully follow your doctor’s directions for all medications.
- Make sure you ask your doctor for the name of your illness and the name of your prescription.
- Some medications, like ARVs and TB medicine, need to be taken for the full prescribed period, even if you are feeling better.
- Some medications, like painkillers, only need to be taken until you feel better.
- Talk to your doctor if you have any questions about your medications.
Make Your Move: If you are HIV positive, you need to take your ARVs every day. Practice your ‘Play Football’ assignments every day before you eat supper.
Players listen carefully to their coach’s advice. You should listen to the advice provided by your doctor and take your prescribed medication at all times.
Health Fact: If you are HIV positive, living healthily and taking medications properly can add ten or more years on to your life.