The Financial Assistance Programme (FAP) is designed to motivate and empower the associations and confederations to organise development programmes that meet their needs and strengthen football and its administration in the long term. FIFA offers financial assistance and technical advice specifically with this purpose in mind. The FAP is intended to encourage the investment of funds in long-term development initiatives and to advocate the principles of accountability and good governance in financial matters.
• Promoting the game of football together with its fundamental principles and social, educational and cultural values around the world
• Reducing discrepancies in playing standards and infrastructure throughout the game of football
• Establishing modern, efficient, functional and transparent football administration
• Strengthening the administrative and technical capacities of FIFA members and confederations
• Promoting the sustainable development of FIFA member associations, and solidarity between them
• Enabling associations to comply with FIFA’s membership and competition criteria