The FIFA Executive Committee will hold its second meeting of the year in Johannesburg on Sunday, 6 and Monday, 7 June 2010. The main item on the agenda is a final update on the preparations for the 2010 FIFA World Cup™, just a few days before the kick-off of FIFA’s flagship competition in South Africa.
In addition, there will be a report on the preparations for the 60th FIFA Congress, to be held in Johannesburg on 9 and 10 June. The two main women’s youth competitions of 2010 – the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup in Germany and the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup in Trinidad & Tobago – also feature in the programme of the meeting.
Other items on the agenda include:
- reports on the standing committee meetings held since the previous meeting on 18-19 March 2010
- the preparations for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™
- the bidding process for the 2018 and 2022 FIFA World Cups™
- the Olympic Football Tournaments
- a report on the special meeting of the IFAB held on 18 May 2010